Sunday, August 21, 2016

Warmachine Tourney Report

After last week's unpleasant tournament, I stewed for a bit and then decided to stick with it, and signed up for a tourney this Sunday at the Portland Game Store. I took the same two warlocks, Wurmwood and Tanith, but tweaked the lists significantly. (It didn't hurt that the Leyline Podcast from Hand Cannon Online put out a Tanith list I could crib. Like I've said, I dislike list building. )

This was a much nicer experience. The location was a bit nicer - PGS is on a walkable street with some nice restaurants nearby, and only twenty minutes from my house. It was considerably cooler weather. OTOH, I'm fighting a cold, so that's a minus. But mostly, I played better. I still only went 1-2, but I'm much happier with how I played. If I hadn't clocked myself on the second game, I might have gone 2-1.

So. Glad I went.

No comments: